Staff Revenue Accountant
Company Overview GoAnimate enables thousands of companies on six continents to make professional animated videos quickly and easily. We have been growing rapidly and sustainably. We’re now adding to the team to drive the next phase of our growth.
The Staff Revenue Accountant is responsible for all functions related to revenue and customer invoicing in the company. The role will focus on timely and accurate invoicing, applying cash daily, proactively identifying and addressing issues, and contributing to ongoing projects undertaken by the Finance Team. The ideal candidate is self-directed and detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to understand and follow specific contract terms and conditions. A successful Staff Revenue Accountant must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and be able to communicate effectively with team members internally and customers externally.
- Process invoices/credit memo daily and distribute to customers
- Process daily cash application
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to resolve discrepancies, account issues, and unapplied payments
- Review customer aging and contact customers for the collection of past due amounts
- Research disputes and match chargebacks to original subscription transaction
- Provide excellent, professional and considerate customer service in all communications.
- Identify/implement ways to automate and improve the AR process
- Create and maintain Accounts Receivable customer files and records
- Assist with reconciliation of AR and month-end close journal entries
- Assist with audit for all AR inquiries
- Perform ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field with 2-5 years’ relevant work experience
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Able to learn and adjust to new systems quickly
- Ability to investigate and resolve issues
- Software experience with Salesforece.com and QuickBooks is a plus
- Experience with SaaS revenue recognition is a plus
- Detail-oriented with ability to see bigger picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic and creative team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and embraces challenges and works proactively Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
This is a full-time position based in our San Mateo, CA office.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary + bonus + equity
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Snacks and frequent team celebration lunches